Zone Bunny

Site Admin
Site Admin

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Site Rep: QLD

Post 11 Jun 2014, 13:08

Re: Game Format Ideas for Development

FITZY wrote:It'd be cool to have an infusion style vampires game on nexus. - unlimited lives for the vampire, limited shots for the humans, customizable shot rates and deac times for peasants and vampires etc.

Great Idea,
When I have some Time I will write it up.
<<

Cougaress

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Committee Member
Committee Member

Site Operator
Site Operator

Post 02 Aug 2014, 15:11

I'm keen to see King of the Hill and Snake see a return.
<<

LingLing

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Hobart Arrogantish

Site Rep: VIC

Post 02 Aug 2014, 23:49

Cougaress wrote:I'm keen to see King of the Hill and Snake see a return.

Not sure what your snake was but we've just run team elim for it in the past.
<<

blackmagic

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Site Admin
Site Admin

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Post 23 Aug 2014, 02:06

We will be scripting a king of the hill game.
We have also made a couple of new games which will be in the next release poison players and tug of war.
Snake is also a popular game and we will be coding something similar to that.
Could you please post how you would like to see snakes coded.
<<

Labyrinth

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Site Rep: International / Overseas

Post 09 Aug 2015, 20:31

One in the barrel?

1 power, unlimited lives, 1 shot a second, no pack lights
if you tag a player you get 1 more power.
if you miss target return to a base to pick 1 more power.

What do you think?
<<

Bishamonten

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 10 Aug 2015, 18:23

JS Battle Royale
(Developed by a friend with the initials JS)

If you've seen the Japanese cult classic movie called Battle Royale, then you'd understand why this would be so awesome.

In the movie, a group of grade-school students are brought to island to fight to the death until there is only one survivor left. They are all assigned different weapons and are instructed to evacuate a certain location after a certain time period has elapsed.

How the game works:

-The arena is divided into 4 zones.
-Each player has a set amount of lives.
-The zones will be closed every 3 minutes.
-If a player is caught in the off limits zone, he will the forfeit the match as he will lose all lives (can be done with micro targets and/or ref involvement).
-The zones will each have a "1 min left in zone x" arena announcement.
-Each time a zone closed, a count of how players are still alive is made via arena announcement.

Last person standing wins. Tiebreaker = Highest amount of lives left.

This game is very fun. We've done this using LaserBlast equipment, a timer, a ref gun, and a megaphone.

Each color defines a role.
Color 1: 2shots per second, lowest amount of lives.
Color 2: 1 shot/second, median amount of lives
Color 3: 1shot/2second, highest amount lives in comparison to other colors.
(Shot speeds, buffs, lives can be changed)

All packs will glow as one color til the start of the game. Once the game starts, packs color will be randomly assigned for the entirety of the game.
<<

Labyrinth

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 14 Aug 2015, 20:54

Whats the chance of a new version of retro z. Total customization every option you can get on Nexus /Helios. 'Open up the Awesome Zone system give it some power' ;)
<<

Azrael

Zone Poster
Zone Poster

Site Admins
Site Admins

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Site Rep: SA

Post 15 Aug 2015, 00:14

Labyrinth wrote:Whats the chance of a new version of retro z. Total customization every option you can get on Nexus /Helios. 'Open up the Awesome Zone system give it some power' ;)

You're not the only person who would love that!

:)
I aim to misbehave.

"Hey... Isn't P&C in Melbourne?" - Pal, 2012 (On Subtlety)
"And I will pay $50 to get out of Jail again, because this game is a ****" - Vector, 2013 (On Monopoly)
"I do mistrust dinosaurs..." - Rep, 2014 (On Forum Policy)
<<

dot

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Site Rep: No Location Represented

Post 26 Jun 2016, 09:54

Would be nice to have our domination back instead of zones. It consisted of all 3 bases on the entire game. When a color walks in and shoots the base they take control of that base and get points over time. If your team is holding 2 bases you are getting double points, and 3 bases triple the points. Any other person from another team can crack a base, shoot the base once and it becomes their base. Base LEDS change to the color of the team that shot the base.

* Stratego * be nice to have that game format back as well. Each team has 1 general 1 decoy, everyone has 10 lives. General and Decoy crash lights are on, Decoy gets eliminated nothing happens, General gets eliminated the entire team is out.

* Working Base Flags* Don't have all the options in the parameters to change. For instance, need to change shield time so you cant make it from one base to other before becoming active. (Yes you could tell them they can't leave the base until fully active but that needs to a base camp where the other team just stands outside and never lets them leave.)

*****Team Tactical***** Elimination Warlords based game. 2 teams / there are so many rounds(depends on what happens in the game) So lets say 5 vs 5, before the game you organize your groupings 2/2/1 Everyone has (x) lives, game starts with an announcer counting down. Then you release your first group of 2 people into the play area. Lets say team A first 2 are eliminated but team B has 4 lives left, well with that round ending everyone leaves the play area. Team A sends in there new 2, and Team B has to send in there 2 with 4 lives left. Round end when the next group is eliminated. Lets say Team A is eliminated again and Team B has 2 lives left(1 for each person). New (Last Round) begins, Team A sends in there last player, Team B sends in still their first group of 2 players with 2 lives left. Team A player is eliminated the game is over and Team B wins. THEN you switch sides of the play area and play again.

Let me know if you have any questions. Facebook Message Me to get a faster response(Todd Rodman)
<<

Sgt Moo

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 26 Jun 2016, 15:11

Bishamonten wrote:JS Battle Royale
If you've seen the Japanese cult classic movie called Battle Royale, then you'd understand why this would be so awesome.

Both 1 and 2 :D

I like the idea of that game, might need a larger Arena though, probably wont work well in Adelaide's maze :(
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem...or not enough hot glue
<<

Azrael

Zone Poster
Zone Poster

Site Admins
Site Admins

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Post 26 Jun 2016, 19:26

dot wrote:* Working Base Flags* Don't have all the options in the parameters to change. For instance, need to change shield time so you cant make it from one base to other before becoming active. (Yes you could tell them they can't leave the base until fully active but that needs to a base camp where the other team just stands outside and never lets them leave.)

Could play Counter-Strike? :P
I aim to misbehave.

"And I will pay $50 to get out of Jail again, because this game is a ****" - Vector, 2013 (On Monopoly)
<<

R4IDER

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 17 Oct 2016, 06:41

Azrael wrote:
Labyrinth wrote:Whats the chance of a new version of retro z. Total customization every option you can get on Nexus /Helios. 'Open up the Awesome Zone system give it some power' ;)

Hi, I am new to the My Laser Tag Forums, but not new to the Zone scene in both the UK and Aus. I know this topic is very old, but i would like to add my support for that idea.

The customisable game settings on the System Z, the Retro-Z and JIM's Request on System T Infusion, were important elements that brought strengths to those systems. It was also an important element to to our team training evenings, and competition events. It made it possible for new games to be invented, and shared within the zone community. We specially at the Acocks Green, Derby & Leicester sites every week played combinations of the slower to play 1 shot per second, and a limited amount of lives, with stuns not taking a life, giving a more challenging game format that slowed the pace from the fast furious 4 shots per second, bringing a skilled excitement.

Fun games are fun, but fun games with a competitive challenge are the ones that last.

A game format like the original system Z V4 game software with the customisable options:
1) to have phaser & shoulder as stuns, or better, a choice of either.
2) customisable deactivation and stun times, so we could also practice for the possibility of attending the Nats with a full team.
3) lives or energy that is customisable up to 300 lives worth.
4) shots per second customisable, so we could also practice for the Nats.

We don't have the Nationals here sadly, but our all-nighter events were and are our mini regional nationals, starting at 21:00 at night and finishing at 7:00 in the morning. Players attend long distance from other sites, and we play fun games and standard formats most of the night, and with the tournaments and competitions being at the end of the night. A common side effect of not having the customisable game features, is that we start to run out of games more quickly, at least that has been noticed on some of the more recent events and all-nighters.

A note about vampires...
Paul AKA CH@OS, introduced this format to Leicester, it might have been his, i stand corrected if its not. The first version was more fun, competitive zone players want the fun are meeting their fate on their feet, by being able to make a stand with unlimited ammo, and a vampire with many lives that can be defeated, was brilliant. The revised vampires with a players with 10 rounds of ammo and a vampire that could not be defeated, became to predictable, and not so fun. Hide and seek is not so easier in an enclosed arena.

Can we have customisable features for the vampire game... or at least the original format and the new format to choose between.

Oh.... by the way, who ever made the solo game with the objective to shoot or three bases with a single shot each, with the arena being locked down until the player has completed the goal been deactivated while trying... Brilliant game... :clap: Played that a couple of months back, and we loved it. It sparked some fun and competitive skilled strategy mix. It was that fun and challenging i thought i was going to need emergency oxygen, it was brilliant.

Dave AKA:R4IDER
<<

Azrael

Zone Poster
Zone Poster

Site Admins
Site Admins

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Post 18 Oct 2016, 03:38

R4IDER wrote:
Azrael wrote:

-snip-

Hi there,

What system are you running?

I'm pretty sure Helios ships with the Competition format, and most of those options are covered
I aim to misbehave.

<<

R4IDER

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 18 Oct 2016, 04:17

Hi, After a couple discussions with the marshals at our site, its been said the NexusPro for the moment sadly didnt support customisable game formats. I did wonder if custom game formats could be submitted for creation, so it could be installed at a site.

My support for customisable z-retro was thinking HeliosPro, but a competition format or retro-z would be brilliant for NexusPro. Is. It difficult for a site admin to install new game formats to NexusPro or NexusFec, that have been created by Zone Tech?

R4IDER

*Had to edit, posting by mobile in a moving vehicle created typos.*
<<

Azrael

Zone Poster
Zone Poster

Site Admins
Site Admins

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Post 06 May 2017, 15:28

R4IDER wrote:Hi, After a couple discussions with the marshals at our site, its been said the NexusPro for the moment sadly didnt support customisable game formats. I did wonder if custom game formats could be submitted for creation, so it could be installed at a site.

My support for customisable z-retro was thinking HeliosPro, but a competition format or retro-z would be brilliant for NexusPro. Is. It difficult for a site admin to install new game formats to NexusPro or NexusFec, that have been created by Zone Tech?

R4IDER

*Had to edit, posting by mobile in a moving vehicle created typos.*

Oops, only over half a year late...

Nexus does have the comp format, as does HeliosPro.

FEC does not, as far as I know.
Formats are auto-installed when you update to later versions, so super easy.

The reason I'm reading back through this thread, and bumping it again - is we're looking at writing some new games, and I'm getting some lists & etc going again to facilitate this.
So if anyone has any more ideas, feel free to post them here (in as much detail as possible)
I aim to misbehave.

Previous

Return to Development