Site Admins
Site Admins

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Site Rep: SA

Post 26 Mar 2014, 12:53

Forum Quick-Start Guide

Hey, and welcome to the forum!

Hopefully this will be your new home for all lasertag related information and discussion, but there's a few things to know, before you get posting!

First off, the rules are pretty important. They're how everyone fits together - to ensure no one steps on anyone else's toes.
You can view them here, or at the top of every forum section.

Now that you've figured out the rules for posting, how do you get some cool pictures and text rolling?
Up the top of the forum, there's a beautiful tool called the User Control Panel. Here, you can find all sorts of stuff to edit - such as your avatar, signature, or you can even change your password/email as needed.

Now, I hear you wondering - just what is with all these crazy coloured names? Well, simple answer - there are different groups for different roles on the forum, which are easily identified by the colour.
Click on any of the group names below, and it will take you to the group list, showing you all the members in that group. Users can have more than one group - so the group lists are pretty important!

Red are the Forum Administrators - These are the people that keep the forum running. If anything breaks, let one of them/us know!

Orange are the Australasian Titles Committee Members - These are the people that have been elected to represent your interests when it comes to making decisions orientated around the Australasian Titles. If you want to talk to any of these helpful, knowledgeable people, don't hesitate to Personal Message (PM) them!

Yellow are the Registered Users - These are the people that make lasertag great. Everyone who has made an account on the forum is in this group.

Light Green are the Global Moderators - These are the people that control board policy and enforce said policy, along with voting on site decision making. If you have a forum/conduct related issue, PM these guys!

Dark Green are the Section Moderators - These are the people that control the different location sections, and handle enforcement on said sections. They also get a vote on board policy and development. If you have an issue within a section moderated by one of these users, feel free to PM them!

Light Blue are the Manufacturer Representatives - These are the people who create the equipment you play on

Dark Blue are the Site Operators - These are the people that operate/run/maintain/own the places that you play at.

So that's the forum groups. The detailed Member List is here.

Now, let's go on a run-through of the different sections, and their purpose. You can find a more in-depth description of each section within the section itself, in the thread titled "What is this section?"

Community
News/Announcements - Where news and any announcements are posted (go figure).

Committee - This is a section where you can view any discussion going on within the Nationals Committee. There is also a private section for any sensitive or singular-player related topics, as not everything is always able to be public.

Development - For all the codey-people to post any projects they're working on. Some pretty complicated stuff in here!

Documentation / Culture - Here we've tried to save all elements related to our very unique culture, and any documentation (like rules, for instance).

Lasertag Central - So lasertag is clearly the only fixture in our lives, and thus we must talk about it whenever possible - this is the section for that.

The Watercooler - Okay, so maybe not all of us have only one topic stuck in our mind... so to meet and greet people in here!

Competition
Zone World Championships - Worlds! Any information that you want to know, is in here.

Zone Australasian Titles - I think we're all familiar with what this is... Nats! Some love it, others are merely haunted through every waking moment with thoughts of it... here lies all the information related to it.

Other - Any other competitions, happening around the world (I realise this may run into location specific sections, but no reason the same stuff can't be posted in both ;) )

Location Specific Sections
This is pretty straight forward. If you want to know any info about anything going on at any locations around the world, check them out here.

Misc
Chatterbox - So this is the... well, I want to say "Junk" section, but that may be a bit harsh. Talk about anything you like in here. Forum games are sometimes popular.

Gaming - It's a very poorly kept secret that a lot of lasertag players are also huge gamers... myself, for instance. Any gaming chatter can go in here!

Advertisements - Any sales / marketing stuff from developers / distributors

We've covered most things, except the basics of posting.
To post a thread, go into a forum and click "New Topic".
To reply to an existing thread, click on the thread title, then scroll all the way down to the bottom and click "Post Reply" - or "Quick Reply".
You can report posts to moderators by clicking the small "!" on the bottom right of a post.
To view someone's profile, just click on their name!

Now, you might be wondering what this stuff is...
This is a rank bar, to indicate how many posts you have. "Zone Bunny" is the first rank.
The more posts you get, the more the bar fills up. When it reaches the end, you are awarded a star and the bar starts again.
The highest rank you can get is "Zone God" with 5002 posts... so get posting!

Are there any questions I haven't answered? That's fine! Just PM me or one of the other Site Admins, and we'd be glad to help you, if we can!
One last thing... this forum's still young - so if you see anything broken, please report it to a Site Admin ASAP. We'll really appreciate it!

So, just to finish things off... A warm welcome to you, and we hope you stay!

I aim to misbehave.

"Hey... Isn't P&C in Melbourne?" - Pal, 2012 (On Subtlety)
"And I will pay $50 to get out of Jail again, because this game is a ****" - Vector, 2013 (On Monopoly)
"I do mistrust dinosaurs..." - Rep, 2014 (On Forum Policy)
<<

LingLing

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Hobart Arrogantish

Site Rep: VIC

Post 15 Feb 2015, 23:59

Re: Forum Quick-Start Guide

Why are there so many unread posts here :( (7 posts^)
It's really annoying me.. Were they spam bots and you've hidden them from peasants or something.
<<

Azrael

Zone Poster
Zone Poster

Site Admins
Site Admins

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Post 16 Feb 2015, 01:32

Mass delete of about 35 spam posts.

Unfortunately, PhpBB uses really weird methods to determine forum statistics...
I aim to misbehave.

"Hey... Isn't P&C in Melbourne?" - Pal, 2012 (On Subtlety)
"And I will pay $50 to get out of Jail again, because this game is a ****" - Vector, 2013 (On Monopoly)
"I do mistrust dinosaurs..." - Rep, 2014 (On Forum Policy)
<<

LingLing

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Hobart Arrogantish

Post 16 Feb 2015, 22:57

It also means i have 30 odd unread posts i can't mark as read :(
<<

Maudiis42

Zone Target
Zone Target

Post 16 Feb 2015, 23:28

LingLing wrote:It also means i have 30 odd unread posts i can't mark as read :(

top left on main page lingling
What you lost... Well good go tag someone! you will find your way!!
<<

Wraith

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Post 17 Feb 2015, 00:30

Maudiis42 wrote:
LingLing wrote:It also means i have 30 odd unread posts i can't mark as read :(

top left on main page lingling

Top right ("Mark forums read") on my screen.
<<

Maudiis42

Zone Target
Zone Target

Post 17 Feb 2015, 10:13

oops sorry yes right
What you lost... Well good go tag someone! you will find your way!!

Return to Chatterbox