Moderator: Wraith

<<

simmybear

Committee Member
Committee Member

Site Rep: WA

Post 14 Aug 2017, 23:33

Rule Book Draft and Review 2018

This Thread is for community to used to discuss the current ZLTAC 2017 Rule Book and Suggest any changes they feel are required.

Discussion will open 1st September 2017 and close 1st December 2017.

No feedback will be considered after the close off date of the 1st December 2017, as the planned release date for the ZLTAC 2018 Rule book is 8th December 2017.

Please make sure you keep below in mind when making suggestions about additions to rule book, some suggestions may belong in tournament guidebook / guide lines (currently under construction)

Rules are commands that are binding on those subject to them, e.g., "no smoking is allowed in this building." In other words, rules must be followed, and there will be a negative consequence associated with noncompliance.

Guidelines are recommended best practices that aim to set standards in the future.

New Rules or Wording to be amended
Team is required to be there 10 to 15 minutes prior to game.
Committee approved. 10th August 2017

Declaring number of players (TEAMS) if less than standard 5 are entering the arena
Committee approved. 10th August 2017
Attachments
ZLTAC-Rulebook-2017-Second.pdf
(191.33 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
<<

Phoenix

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Site Operator
Site Operator

Site Rep: ACT

Post 10 Sep 2017, 00:38

Re: Rule Book Draft and Review 2018

Can we suggest a separate booklet for the game formats.

One rule book and a new booklet for all the game formats and their individual rules etc ...

It has just happened at Worlds as well, we now have a Rule Book and a Game Format Book.

There is also the formation of a Governance Book to allow everyone to see what each person on the Committee and or the Host site etc can expect. It will also layout any of the general principals and guidelines that cannot be covered in the Game / Rules Books.

The hardest thing to do is manage expectations so the Governance book is intended to help with that.
Keep up the good work guys.
... and so it begins ...
... perhaps after we enjoy a good drink!
<<

Sauron

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 20 Sep 2017, 00:37

Just of the top of my head I agree with Phoenix on the separating of the formats & rules into two books. Honestly hadn't thought about the governance side and see no issues with that being a third book.

Will do a bit more thinking before I put anything down on the rules themselves. Thanks for giving us the opportunity Simmybear :)
<<

Gizmo

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Site Rep: SA

Post 25 Sep 2017, 17:48

Thanks for this, Will be reviewing it in the next 14 days to give you a response.

Gizmo.
<<

Phoenix

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Site Operator
Site Operator

Post 04 Oct 2017, 20:46

No response from any committee member ?
... and so it begins ...
... perhaps after we enjoy a good drink!
<<

simmybear

Committee Member
Committee Member

Post 21 Oct 2017, 02:59

HI Doc,

sorry i didn't realise the those nominated to watch this haven't been, partly my fault as i didnt remember to do the facebook post.

Yes we are working on a governance / tournament book and your previous suggestions about separating out Formats is on the list to be completed this year :D

Committee and host sites currently have access to all checklist templates, old data bases and logs of pack issues etc that were done last year, ect we even have templates for letters press releases, decision packets . We have setup a google drive which includes things like decisions packets which show the reason a decision was reached and which rules were taken into consideration,any guidelines or precedents that existed that were considered when making the decision. it has copies of all rules books since 99, any old committee minutes i could find, has job descriptions for volunteer roles, host site, tournament coordinator the list goes on and on, ive been busy last 18 months centralising all this information into one location and arranging a backup location.

Im also in process of trying to get some of the conversation in the forums as you have pointed out many times it's way easier to read and track the conversation (just goes to show i sometimes listen right :p)

Ginny is in the process of uploading all the press releases into this forum so they are easier to find.

Very please to say im close to having a draft finals referee process ready that does not include a veto option and hoping to have that approved in the coming weeks for release to the public, other things i have in the works is a referee complaint process and referee assessment policy and Player complaint process. all i can say is watch this space as i have been a busy busy little bear and i have a number submission to put to committee to have ripped apart and vetted, so wish me luck getting these things across line so we can create better clarity for all :-)

Thanks and Love
SimmyBear
<<

Gizmo

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Site Rep: SA

Post 24 Oct 2017, 17:18

Cheers SimmyBear.

I am still reading over the link you provided :)
<<

simmybear

Committee Member
Committee Member

Post 23 Nov 2017, 01:11

--Rule Book Draft and Review 2018 FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS CLOSING SOON--
Feedback closing 1st December 2017

Discussion will opened 1st September 2017 and close 1st December 2017.

No feedback will be considered after the close off date of the 1st December 2017,
as the planned release date for the ZLTAC 2018 Rule book is 8th December 2017

On Behlaf of the ZLTAC Committee

Simone (SimmyBear) Bell
ZLTAC Committee Member 2018

Return to Zone Australasian Titles